A Portrait Master Class

When I draw a portrait – most of all I want to show a person’s character. It’s much more interesting to draw not only an appearance but also an inner world of a person. I like details because they make a portrait more alive and of course i love to show emotions!   I want to create real persons and it’s impossible to show without emotions.In this master-class i wanted to show the way of my drawings, how I begin it, continue and finish. I used paper, primed with black and ochre tempera with interesting texture and grey, black and white sauce. A Master Class Video Soon!

Advertisements

About Sergey Gusev's Art Blog

Hi and welcome to my blog! My name is Sergey Gusev and I am a visual artist from Russia. I am learning painting in the Academy of Fine Arts, Petersburg, Russia. I like all kinds of art and invite everyone to share experience in art here. Keep in touch, Sergey.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A Portrait Master Class

1. You make it seem so easy. I have tried many times, but my art just looks as if it was created by an eight-year-old child. It is awesome to watch someone with talent take a piece of paper and create a masterpiece. I believe artists have an innate ability to see what others can’t and bring it forth for others to see.

2. Gorgeous. Looks like a classic portrait.

3. gooseyanne says:

I like your work very much. The violins are very interesting and the story behind their creation!

4. InTheMonies says:

Your works are really nice man and you’re very very good! carry on in this way! If I have money, I will buy them 🙂 Congrats again!

5. paolaag3 says:

Reblogged this on Visual Ark and commented:
    Another example of the process of creation!

6. Heather says:

What an amazing video! I enjoyed watching it…you are a wonderful artist!!! I tried drawing faces over three years ago and while I could draw the individual parts, eyes, nose and mouth, I couldn’t but them together in a reasonable looking face?
    Cheers

7. cswoman says:

Thanks for dropping by my blog! You are super talented. 🙂

8. I love your way of looking into the character of your subjects and seeking to translate that along with their image. I do much the same thing as I counsel, seeking to draw out the best while having to address some of the inner darkness. Alas, I have no talent for painting as you do, but I love seeing the artistry God works out in many of their lives. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

9. elleturner4 says:

I love the way the face evolves…excellent 🙂